Translate

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Bervlyn Lomotey, An Epitome of Tenacity


Call her an epitome of perseverance and you will not be wrong at all. Bervlyn Lomotey was rejected on quite a number of occasions while pursuing her dream of working in a
media related job but that did not deter her.
She kept pushing till she was given audience and now she is on her way to live her dream—she is an actress, TV host and a make up artist.

Sharing her experience with Graphic Showbiz’s Mster Pep on Tuesday, Bervlyn, 24, said, “ I’ve wanted to do nothing but media-related jobs since childhood. At 13 years, I went for an audition at TV3 but didn’t make the “18 years and above” cut.
“ At 14 years, I walked into Sunny FM for a job after B.E.C.E but got turned down and was told to rather record and listen to my voice on a frequent basis. After WASSCE in 2011, I went to YFM and was told no vacancy and subsequent attempts over the years proved futile”, she revealed.
“After the one year service period, I moved on to presenting Oceans Entertainment Box on Oceans TV, a show that airs on Fridays at 4pm with repeats on Saturdays and Sundays 12noon. I also got the chance to act in Season 2 of Yvonne Nelson’s Heels & Sneakers.

Asked where the art of makeup came in, Bervlyn said that aspect of her life started while in the university when she decided to get training to wear make up properly to look good. “Make-up artistry came along in my final semester in the university where I attended a six-week training from Black Secret Makeup School and 1-week training from Evolve Makeup Nigeria. The passion further grew from the desire to myself look beautiful to others, hence my tagline ‘Beauty Full’”, she added.

Luck, however, smiled at her after she completed the University of Ghana, Legon. “ When I completed Legon in May 2015, I got the opportunity to work at Live FM with the help of Kafui Dey and proceeded to do my National Service there.

Posed the question if makeup business is lucrative in Ghana, Bervlyn who has worked with celebs such as Berla Mundi, Jeremie Van Garshong, Regina Van Helvert, Belinda Dzattah, Irene Logan, Semira Adams, Yvonne Nelson among others said, “Makeup artistry is a lucrative business and in recent times, has become even more profitable. Although some people still do not respect makeup artistry but I believe the brand one builds and how one carries oneself makes the difference. Bottom line, professionalism is key”, she said.

Source: Enewsgh.com


No comments:

Post a Comment