Translate

Thursday 13 April 2017

I am ready to serve Kotoko in any capacity - Asante Kotoko Legend, Ntow Gyan


Ex-Ghana international, Ntow Gyan, has declared his willingness to assist his former club, Kumasi Asante Kotoko in any capacity which requires his expertise. 

Speaking to Suncity radio, the CAF LICENSE ‘A’ holder indicated that the poor performances of the Kumasi giants in domestic and particularly, African Club Competitions are not encouraging, to say the least. This, he said, calls for every son of the porcupine family to avail himself to help steer the “porcupine warriors” to both domestic and continental glory once again. “Kotoko was one of the most feared clubs in Ghana and Africa.


It is sad to say that’s no more the case,” Ntow said. “Kotoko deserves better,” he added. “As a former player, I better understand the tradition of the club and with my technical knowledge and expertise in the game, I believe that my contribution may be necessary to help the club rediscover its lost status as a domestic and continental giant,” he continued. Ntow Gyan indicated that lack of consistency is one of the main problems his former club faces. “There is no consistency in the team now. That’s a big problem,” he said. 

“You can’t win if you are always selling your best players,” he continued. Ntow Gyan also used the opportunity to wish the newly appointed technical team the best of lack and expressed his confidence in the two former stars to deliver. “I wish Ablordey and Frimpong Manson all the best,” he said. “As former players as myself, I believe they can help the club,” he added. “In future it may be my turn to coach our beloved club and with my CAF LICENCE “A,” I will be ready when the time comes,” he continued. “For now, I am confident that Ablordey and Frimpong Manson are competent to do the job and I wish to tell them that I am always available to assist them whenever they need my assistance,” he concluded. Ntow Gyan was one of the finest players of his era. 

He played for B.A United, Real Tamale United, Okwahu United as well as Kumasi Asante Kotoko before having a stint with Olympic de Na Houry in Burkina Faso. He also represented Ghana at the senior level, being a member of the Black Stars between 1990 and 1991. Kumasi Asante Kotoko recently sacked their Croatian coach, Zdravko Lugarusic after just four months in charge of the club. Former players Godwin Ablordey and Frimpong Manson have been appointed to replace the Croatian and tasked to guide the Kumasi giants to the league title. 



Source: SUNCITY RADIO SUNYANI

No comments:

Post a Comment